Blueberry-Peach Breakfast Crisp

Do you love fruit crisp?  It has always been one of my favorite desserts, with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. . . Yum!  Well, I woke up this morning with a craving for some fruity crispiness.  I couldn't justify all of the butter and brown sugar for a meal, so I decided to try a healthier version.  Fruit Crisp for breakfast... Oh, yes!!  



In my search for recipes, nothing was quite fitting what I had in mind. After combining a little of this and a little of that, I came up with a most delicious concoction!  I had some frozen peaches and blueberries in my freezer, so that's what I used- but you could really substitute any fruit in this recipe. 




For the Fruit Filling:
1 c. blueberries
1 1/2 c. cut peaches
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. applesauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch

For the Topping:
1 1/4 c. oats
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp softened butter
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1.2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt.


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the fruit filling and pour into a square baking dish.  Mix the ingredients for the topping and pour evenly over the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes- until bubbly and golden brown on top. 



Serve warm~ it is delicious with a little dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt on top!

This is so sweet an delicious- I may just change up my dessert one and not let anyone in on the secret...



Comments

Meg Falciani said…
This looks delicious - golden and crispy! I'd love it if you'd share your recipe over at my Pinterest party! http://www.adventureswithjude.com/2013/08/sunday-sharing-pinterest-party-week-5.html I found this through Pinterest and am repinning - I can't wait to try! I have blueberries and peaches in my fridge right now. My gang may be seeing this for dinner tonight!