Homemade Gummy Candies

I recently made some homemade gummy candies for my kids.  They  were super simple & fun to make.  My kids LOVED eating them. They tasted just like regular gummies that you can buy.  You can make virtually any flavor, since they are made with Jell-O. We made berry blue- yum!
Here is what you will need:


3 envelopes unflavored gelatin  The boxes I bought came with a few envelopes in each box.
1 small pkg. Jell-O- any flavor, with sugar

1/3 c. water (a little more (add an extra Tablespoon or two)

A mold to pour it into- I used small shape ice cube trays- you could use any molds, though.  Smaller is better.

To make:  Pour all the gelatin into a pot & mix with water.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted & dissolved completely.  Pour into molds quickly.  This recipe only filled 1 mold.


Let cool & remove from the molds. To speed up the process, put into the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes.



Pin It

Comments

momto8 said…
you've got to be kidding me? ! they are this easy to make! I have been paying for gummies forever and getting totally ripped off!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!
Anonymous said…
Awesome! My girls would LOVE these.
Unknown said…
those are great!! My kiddos will love them. :) I always love your linky and would love for you to come share a recipe on my Fit and Healthy link up today. :) www.ameessavorydish.blogspot.com.
Miz Helen said…
Karyn,
I am so excited to get this recipe, my grandchildren will just love you for passing it on to me. Thank you so much for sharing with our 1st Anniversary Party at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen
Alida Sharp said…
What a great idea...I just pinned these on Pinterest and plan to make them soon!
Lindsi B said…
This is great! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html
Rachel said…
I just pinned this! I'm going to give it a try with my kiddos.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com
MiaB said…
THIS IS AWESOME!!! Will definitely try this with my little one. I'm your newest follower and would really love it if you could share this here on Sharing Saturday -

http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday.html

thanks so much and have a great weekend.

~MiaB
Mandy Coffey said…
My daughter is at that age where she is OBSESSED with fruit snacks. This will be such a fun activity to do with her! Thanks for linking it up to Fine Finds Friday!

Mandy |Small Fine Print|
www.smallfineprint.com
Unknown said…
how neat, they look so cute!
Erin said…
How cool is this?!?! My kids would love this!
THis is so cool!! And they turned out SOOOO cute!!! I am totally giving this a try! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week,
Beth =-)
W-S Wanderings said…
A yummy *and* pretty treat - perfect!
MiaB said…
Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us on Sharing Saturday :) Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com
This is AWESOME!! I just discovered your blog, and I love it! We will definitely be making these!
Anonymous said…
Oh these look so yummy! My kids are always begging for gummies. So glad for this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com
Mandy Coffey said…
I know I already stopped by and thanked you for linking up to Fine Finds Friday but I wanted to come back and let you know I've featured this post :)


Mandy
www.smallfineprint.com
Unknown said…
What would happen if you used sugar free? Just curious as this is not a healthy snack for anyone with sugar!