Image Map

Monday, March 31, 2008

Beef Stew

Print Friendly and PDF
This was always my favorite food that my Mom made growing up. On our birthday's we got to choose what my Mom made for dinner. I think I always chose this.

2 onions, chopped
1 can tomato soup
1-2 lbs beef stew meat
6 c. water
6 beef bouillon cubes
Chopped potatoes
Chopped carrots

Saute onions in a little oil. Add beef and cook until browned. Add water & beef cubes & tomato soup. Bring to boil & simmer about 2 hours. Add chopped potatoes & carrots and cook until tender on low. Thicken with a mixture of flour & water. (about 1/3 c. flour and ½ c water mix it together & slowly add into stew stirring quickly) Season with salt & pepper.
I have also made this in the crock pot lots of times. Just as good & nice on a busy day.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map