Banana Split Pie

9 Honey grahams, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups crumbs)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 pkg (8 oz each) Cream cheese (I used the Neufchatel cheese because it has less fat)
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
6 bananas, sliced (I didn't need that many, cut them up as you need them)
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4 serving size each) Instant Vanilla pudding
2 cups thawed cool whip
1 cup Planters chopped pecans

Mix graham crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and the butter; press onto the bottom of a 13x9 -inch pan. Freeze 10 min.
Beat cream cheese remaining 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer until well blended.
Spread carefully over crust.
Top with pineapple and sliced bananas.
Pour milk into large bowl. Add the dry pudding mixes.
Beat with whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended.
Gently stir in 1 cup of cool whip.
Spread over the banana layer.
Top with remaining 1 cup of cool whip.
Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
Slice remaining bananas just before serving; arrange on top.
Sprinkle with pecans.

When I made this I did not think that it was necessary to have more cool whip on the top (I thought the sugar count was high enough). So, I crossed that off the list. Then I thought what is a banana slip with out chocolate sauce and strawberries. So, I drizzled some chocolate syrup on the top and instead of the bananas on top I sliced up some strawberries. I am not the biggest fan of pecans, so I used chopped peanuts.
This was a really good treat. The whole family loved it.

From Kraft.

Comments