Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


Sorry for the posting delay- I've been a-traveling.

It must be Fall because I've been craving this. Made it this week with some of my healthy modifications. IT makes me feel not so guilty when I eat it, I guess. It was still incredibly moist & delicious.


Pumpkin Bread

2 1/2 c. sugar
1 lb. can pumpkin (approx 2 c.)
3 1/3 c. wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
4 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. applesauce
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Pour into greased loaf pans. Makes 2 large loafs, or 1 large & 3 mini (to share with your friends!)

Bake @ 325 degrees for 70 minutes. If you do mini loaves I cooked them about 35-40 minutes.

Comments

Cat Yates said…
I love this stuff - and when I make it, it's gone in a day. If you want a twist, check out my pumpkin chocolate chip pancake recipe. We had it the other night with a little whip cream on it, so yummy!
Cathy said…
I made this last night! Yum!
Anonymous said…
i know that it is already 9pm, but i was this so bad. im going to make it right now. hopefully the kids will sleep in tomorrow, unlikely. but at least i will have a yummy not so healthy treat for breakfast!