Grilled Salmon with Yogurt Dill Sauce


This is the second recipe I made from my Try & Tell that I started last week. I really liked this recipe a lot. So did my family. My daughter, who is 3 had three helpings of salmon. She really likes it! So here's the recipe- I know you have all just been dying to get it! ;)

1 c. plain yogurt

2 cloves minced garlic

1 tsp dried dill or 1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill

1/2 tsp dried oregano, or 2 tsp fresh

1 1/2 lb salmon filet, cut into 4 piececs

1 tsp lemon juice

salt & pepper

1 Tbsp olive oil

1 cucumber, halved, seeded & cut into small pieces (peel if desired)

10-15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (optional)

Combine yogurt, garlic, dill, oregano, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Brush salmon with olive oil. Place on a large sheet of heavy duty foil with the edges folded up to keep in the juices. Spoon half of the sauce over the salmon & spread over it evenly. Grill on med-high heat for about 15 minutes. While cooking, combine the remaining sauce with the cucumbers and tomatoes. When salmon is cooked through, is pale pink and flakey, remove from grill. Top with remaining sauce.


Comments

Unknown said…
karyn - just dropping by from UBP11! love your blog; it's so cute!

this recipe sounds wonderful! i would love if you would link it up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com
I was just today eyeing the salmon in the grocery store! Definitely going back to get some for this weekend - that looks really good. Thanks so much for sharing!
Unknown said…
just wanted to let you know that i featured your recipe on "5 favorites friday" at delightfully dowling!

-kristin

http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com/2011/04/5-favorites-friday_08.html
What a beautiful recipe. The girls and I love salmon.