Image Map

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Italian Sausage & Bean Soup

Print Friendly and PDF Fall is officially here and I am craving soup- all the time.  I LOVE soup!  I had some sausage in my freezer & wanted something new to make, so I made this amazing soup this week.  I was glad that it made a lot, because we ate it for 2 days.  Sometimes that's a good thing!



Here's the recipe:

1 lb. ground sausage- I used one that was seasoned with sage & it was really good!
4 cloves garlic
1 minced onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can white beans
1 diced bell pepper (I used a red one)
2 large carrots, diced
3 stalks of celery, diced
fresh basil & oregano
2 cans chicken or vegetable stock
salt & pepper, to taste
2 c. uncooked noodles
Parmesan cheese

Saute the sausage and onions.  Add garlic, & vegetables and continue cooking until tender-crisp.  Add remaining ingredients, except noodles and allow it to simmer until all the vegetables are cooked through.  Add noodles last and let them cook in the soup until soft- you will probably need to add more liquid.

Season to taste. Serve and top with Parmesan cheese.



3 comments:

Miz Helen said...

This is a great Italian Sausage and Bean Soup. We just love this combination in a soup and your recipe looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have had a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Corey @ Family Fresh Meals said...

Wow, this looks like an amazing, hearty soup for the winter. I love all the veggies and noodles! Mmmmmmmm

Kelli Hillmar said...

Yummy soup, but it could use some greens. Next time I'll add some chopped kale or spinach.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map