Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake



I made this cake for my son's birthday this week.  It was a huge hit!  It was so easy to make & looked FABULOUS!  Everyone loved it. 

Here is what I used:
1 devils food cake mix
about 3/4 gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream
andes mints &/or andes mint baking chips

Chocolate ganache:
1/2 c. heavy cream
4 oz. semi sweet chocolate

All I did was make a devils food cake in 2 round cake pans. Let them cool.  Then I layered in a springform pan.  I put in one of the cakes and spread a layer of softened icecream on top.  Then the second cake I cut into 2 layers.  I layered it again with ice cream and cake.  Finish with ice cream on top. Freeze for 8-12 hours.  Before serving, take it out of the freezer for about 10 minutes to soften.  Top with Chocolate Ganache, whipped cream, & andes mints.

To Make the Ganache-
Combine the cream & chocolate in a microwave safe container.  Microwave in 30 second increments on high until melted.  Add more cream for a runnier consistency if desired.  Drizzle over the top. 



 Yum!



Linking to:

Comments

Playoutsidegal said…
Oh my goodness, that looks amazing & is surprisingly easy to make! Thanks for the great idea. Think I'll make it for hubby's birthday next month. He isn't a huge fan of cake, but he LOVES ice cream.

New follower from the Finding Friends Weekend Blog Hop,
Karen
www.nakedmommydiaries.com
Hannah said…
This is a beautiful dessert!