What Makes You Say Mmmmm? #3 and Apple Cranberry Stuffing

Thanks to all who linked up this week. I love visiting all of your wonderful blogs and seeing your amazing ideas. Isn't the blogging world amazing?


So it's finally the week of Thanksgiving! I love this time of year. I love spending time with family baking all of our favorite recipes. I thought I would share a new recipe I will be trying this week. I'll let you know how it goes, but I am pretty sure, by what's in it, that it will be amazing!! I am excited to try it.


Apple Cranberry Stuffing

1 1/2 c. cubed wheat bread
3 3/4 c. cubed white bread
1 lb. ground sausage
1c. chopped onion
1 Tbsp fresh sage
2 tsp. fresh rosemary
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1/3 c.fresh parsley
1 c. diced celery
1 Granny Smith apple, diced
3/4 c. dried cranberries
1 c. chicken or turkey stock
4 Tbsp butter

Spread the bread onto a cookie sheet. let it get stale, or bake @350 for 5-7 minutes. Put it into a large bowl. Cook sausage and onions. Add the celery and spices. Pour over bread and mix. Pour broth and melted butter over the top. If you will not be stuffing this into the turkey, you will want to add more liquid. Mix in diced apple and cranberries. I will be baking this separate in a greased casserole dish covered for 40 minutes, then uncovered for 15 minutes more.
Recipe from here.


Now on to the links from last week:

With Love and Chevrons linked up some Mini Pumpkin Creme Pies that look delicious!


The Farm Girl shared her Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.  I have GOT to try this one! 


Thanks so much for sharing!  I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving Holiday.   

Link up your favorites again pretty please!  :)




Comments

Miz Helen said…
Thanks for inviting me to your Party. I am sharing my Sweet Potato Casserole. Thanks for hosting and have a great Thanksgiving!
Miz Helen
Thank you so much for featuring my Mini Pumpkin Pies!!! I am sharing my brownie cookies!! Thank you fro hosting!! I am a new follower!!
Julie said…
Thanks for the feature and hope you get to try it!

The Farm Girl
Hannah said…
Everything in this post sounds amazing. Pumpkin spice hot chocolate? I don't think I could handle the awesomeness. Kudos to The Farm Girl!
Unknown said…
Oh my, everything sounds so good, I'm starving now!
Enjoy the cocktail I linked! It will help ease the holiday stress ;)
Allison said…
oh my! A combination of my favorites.. Whoppee Pies and PUMPKIN! looks decadent but, yummy. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for hosting. Those mini pumpkin cream pies sound delicious. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.
P.S.S. I have giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.