What Makes You Say Mmmmm? #4 and Bread Cornucopia

Thanks to all who linked up last week.. I hope your Holiday was wonderful- full of lots of good foods.  I ate so much that I was inspired to work out this morning.  I have honestly had trouble getting back into the swing of exercising since I had my baby.  But, Thanksgiving put me over the edge!  Good food tends to do that!   :)


I did a really fun project for out Thanksgiving this year.  I made a cornucopia out of bread. It was a huge hit.  Nobody needs to know how easy it was, though.  They can all just be wowed! 

I used foil to form a cornucopia.  It used a lot of foil...

Then I made a simple pizza dough recipe- or you could use the Pillsbury pre-made bread sticks.  Cut the dough into strips to wrap around the cornucopia.

Spray your foil with cooking spray.

Wrapping...

My little helper

All wrapped up.  Put it ona cookie sheet to bake. 

Whisk an egg and brush the dough before baking.  This makes it shiny.

Bake @ 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.  Check to make sure it isn't getting too brown.  If it is, reduce the temp a little.  But, you want the inside to be cooked through.
 Take out the foil- this was tricky- be really careful not to break the bread.  Let it cool completely before trying.

Fill with some beautiful foods.   I was going to do  dip and veggies, but ran out of time, so I filled it with fruit instead and it ended up being an AMAZING centerpiece.


Now...on to our linky.  I would like to highlight a few of the favorites from last week. 

I LOVE the sound of this Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili from Cherished Handmade Treasures.  Doesn't that sound amazing?!  I am a huge fan of soups- especially now that cold wather has set in.

Also, I really loved the Holiday Recipe Collection over at Just Give it Your best.  She shared a TON of recipe favorites for the holidays.  Make sure to check them out.


Link up anything you made this week- I love getting crafts & recipe here.  Share your favorites.  Be sure to spread the word so we can get some more links this week.  Have a great week!


Comments

Melissa said…
What an awesome idea!
Very cute idea! I am your newest follower through GFC. Would love for you to follow back. Great site!
Awesome job! Looks so great!
...Oh, and I know what you mean about working out since the baby... it was happening..until I went back to work :(
Your bread cornucopia looks great! I'll have to give it a try. :)

Thanks for featuring my recipe. I've linked up another one. Looks like there is a peanut butter theme going on with a few of the linked up recipes. Mmm...I love peanut butter.

Sandy
Cherished Handmade Treasures
Don't have any current posts to submit, but I am stopping by to say hi. The bread cornucopia is so neat!
Jen Nelson said…
Thanks for featuring me on your post. I always enjoy getting your posts in my emails so I can try new recipes. That cornucopia bread looks beautiful.
Unknown said…
Your bread cornucopia is so great! I'm totally impressed!!! I linked up and am happy to be following you, love all the inspiration!!!

Aimee from ItsOverflowing
Brandy J. said…
I love your blog and am a new follower. Thanks for the invite to the linky party...so many yummy recipes!
Erin said…
How cool is this???!!! So cool!
Oh my word! This is AMAZING! Wow!

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy
Torrie said…
This is so amazing! It looks beautiful. Love your post. Can't wait to see what other yummy treats you have on here. Definately following :-)
Miz Helen said…
Hi Karyn,
That is the greatest idea and it turned out really good. It really look good with all the fruit in it. That chili sounds awesome. Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Aloha,

I am following the FNFW blog hop. I am your newest follower via GFC. my website is: www.allcouponedout.com

Mahalo,
Angie
Betty said…
This is adorable! I am going to try this next year!