Image Map

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal

Print Friendly and PDF Pin It

This has got to be my absolute favorite breakfast to make lately.  I have made it so many times- it is so delicious!  I think the very best part about it is the cream-cheese sauce.  Yum!  Try it- you may find yourself addicted like me, and always running out of oats...


Oatmeal:

1 c. oats
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 c. applecauce**
1/2 c. milk
dash of salt


Mix all ingredients together and pour into to ramekin dishes.  Bake @ 375 degrees for 20 minutes.  Top with warm cream cheese sauce.


Cream Cheese Sauce:

2 oz. soft cream cheese
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla

Mix well- You may want to get a whisk out for this because the cream cheese lumps are tough to mix in.  Pour over the top of cooked oatmeal.




**This week I had some leftover pumpkin and I used half pumpkin and half applesauce in the oatmeal.  It was AMAZING!  I felt like I was eating dessert for breakfast. 




10 comments:

Heather Kinnaird said...

Looks delicious! I bet my daughter will love this too.

micki @ ADD housewife said...

i found your link on 52 mantles and immediately pinned it. I love baked oatmeal and this looks sooo yummy

allisamazing said...

This looks delicious. I just need some applesauce and then I am going to try it! Pinning it :)

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

Totally Perfect!!! I'd love to have you share at my party...it JUST opened!!!

http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/04/overflowing-with-creativity-19.html

XO, Aimee

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from itsoverflowing! I love a good oatmeal! This looks so good! I love that it has a sauce on top.. yum yum!

New follower! Would love a follow back if you like my site too :)

Miz Helen said...

Your recipe looks awesome. Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Um, wow. This has my name all over it!

Holly Legare said...

Now I just need some applesauce. Thanks for sharing at The Creative Corner Blog Hop.

Holly
http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

Jen Nelson said...

I am a big breakfast person. Looks delicious. Already have it copied down on a recipe card. Can't wait to try.

Sarah E. said...

Woah! That looks unbelievably delicious :) My kids are really just now starting to enjoy oatmeal, so I'm always up for a new recipe to try!

Stopping by from Totally Tasty Tuesday - pinned to share.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map