Raw Chocolate-Almond Cookie Bites

I have been trying really hard lately to curb my sugar cravings...  I know it might make for less exciting desserts on here, but don't worry, I am not always strong enough! 

I have seen a few recipes lately for raw cookies and I decided to give it a try.  I looked up a few different recipes and combined them to make one that fit my tastes.  So, here is the final product!  They are DELICIOUS!!  I am really excited that they are so good, because they are completely and totally healthy. I think they taste almost the same as no-bake cookies, which are my husband's favorite.  I am thinking of not telling my husband (Mr. Picky) the ingredients just to see if he likes them. Shhh!  Don't tell!

 My kids just told me they look like meatballs.  Hmmm, they're right.  They definitely don't taste like meatballs!


Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. Almonds
1/4 Ground flax seed
1 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
10 Dried Dates
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 Tbsp Agave Syrup
Approx. 2 Tbsp Water


Pulse the almonds in a food processor- or heavy-duty blender until it is flour-like.  Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until mixed well.  Add the water a little at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.  It will be very thick and dough-like.  Roll into balls and eat.  Store in the refrigerator- if there are any left!







Comments

Ellen B Cookery said…
These look really good! I love the combination of ingredients!
They may look like meatballs but they sounds wonderful! I would love if you would share these at my party going on now! :)
Unknown said…
Love these healthy bites!! They do kind of look like meatballs, too, lol. Thank you for sharing at Fit and Fabulous Fridays. :)
These look delicious. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com