Breakfast Power Smoothie


For breakfast many mornings I have a smoothie that gives me basically all the nutrients I need for the day. I have this protein powder that is also a multivitamin & is packed with fruits & vegetables. It is called Alive Whole Food Energizer. It's made by Nature's Way. I was talking to some people about it the other day & couldn't remember the name of it. So, ther it is. I get it at Good Earth. I think the Nature's Way brand is a Utah company so I don't know if you can get it in other states or not, but I am sure there are other comparable products. Another one I have used that is pretty good is Greens to Go. They come in little packets & I found them at Costco in the vitamin section. So, all that aside, here's what I put in the smoothie:

Frozen fruit- blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, mango (any combo of your favorites)

milk or orange juice ( I like to do both)
1 banana
1 Tb ground flax seed
1 scoop protein powder
1 handful of fresh spinach
1/4 c. greek yogurt

Sorry there are no measurements, it is completely random the amount that I put in. I fill the blender about 1/3 of the way full of fruit and then add enough liquid to make it whirl.

Comments