Vegetable Soup


After I had my babies I had to lose some major weight. This recipe really helped me do it. I love it. It's really good & so healthy. I ate it for lunch a ton. I did Weight Watchers after Brennan was born & got this recipe there. It is a 0 point recipe since it is all vegetables. I make a big pot of it & any leftover I freeze in individual portions - in ziploc containers-for a quick healthy meal. Great with a big hunk of wheat toast.

1 diced onion
chopped carrots
2-3 stalks chopped celery
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
2 c. shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix)
1 zucchini diced
1 yellow squash diced
3-4 chicken boulion cubes
2 cloves minced garlic
1 can tomato sauce or 2 c. v-8 juice
water to cover vegetables
pepper
oregano
1 bay leaf
Pepper

Saute' onion & celery in a small amount of olive oil. Add rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer cover & let cook about an hour or until vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaf before serving. Season to your taste. The chicken boullions add a lot of flavor & salt. Sorry for vague directions & ingredients. This is one of my improvised recipes. It tastes a little different each time I make it. Kinda the way I cook. Little of this, little of that. I have added green beans to this, I also added a can of navy beans once, or rice...this soup is very changeable.

Comments

Unknown said…
Call me wierd but I love this stuff! Growing up in a poor family, my gramps cooked it all the time. brings back great memories. Check out my site here to win...http://luvsandlife.blogspot.com/