Buttermilk Pancakes


This is my Grandma's recipe. I remember her making them for us. My grandpa would man the griddle & take all the credit for making them. That tradition then continued with my parents. My dad became the pancake flipper. One thing I remember her teaching me about making them was that you do not flatten them with the spatula. These are meant to be fluffy. They are delicious pancakes that bring back fond childhood memories for me.


2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
2 c buttermilk
2 eggs, separated

Beat egg whites separately until stiff peaks form. Combine all other ingredients; slowly fold in the egg whites. Cook on heated pancake griddle.

Comments

dastew said…
Interesting. I do love a good breakfast. That said pancakes are only good if topped with real New England (or Canadian/New York) maple syrup. Especially a good dark amber. I'll have to try this one out.