Chicken Piccata

I made this for dinner last night & we all loved it. Thanks for the great recipe, Laurie!

1 lb chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1lb chicken thighs, cut in pieces
½ C flour
1 t kosher salt
½ t black pepper
4 T butter
2 T olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
2 C chicken broth
15 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1 T capers

½ lb orzo pasta cooked al dente, drained
½ C chopped parsley

In a bowl combine chicken, flour, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. In large skillet heat butter and olive oil, sauté garlic for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook till done on all sides. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken broth, capers, and artichoke hearts. Cover and cook on low for about 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent scorching. Have the pasta cooked and place in large serving platter. Taste the chicken for seasoning. Pour over orzo and sprinkle with parsley. Serves 4-6.

*I made a few changes, based on what I had on hand & personal tastes. I cut the butter to 1 T. I added a diced onion, I did not have capers, so those were left out, I used only chicken breasts, I didn't have fresh parsley, and I served it over wild rice-it was really good this way. (That's what I love about cooking...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
that was good~ you know its a great recipe when dad flips over it, he's been around good cooks his whole life!