Crunchy Vegetables Vinaigrette



I bought a jicama (Hick-a-ma) this week because I like them in my salads. I have only had them at salad bars, but decided to try one out at home. I have been trying to be more daring in my vegetable choices as of late. I used about half of it in a salad the other day & have some left over so I was excited to find this recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really good.
Found the recipe on this blog:
http://culinarycuriosity.blogspot.com/2008/01/always-bridesmaid.html

2 medium cucumbers, peeled (since mine came from the CSA and had no wax, I didn't bother)
1/2 jicama, peeled and julienned
1/4 red onion, sliced
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground dried mustard
ground black pepper to taste.

Slice cucumbers crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds. Toss with jicama and onion.

Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard in a small bowl, whisking vigorously to dissolve sugar and salt. Toss with vegetables. Refrigerate for 20-60 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Season with ground pepper to taste.

Comments