Garlic Spaghetti Squash



We grew spaghetti squash in our garden this year. It was kind of an experiment since I've never even eaten it before. But I like other kinds of squash, so I figured I would like it just fine. Turns out I love it. Good thing cause I have about 10 more to eat... I was surprised by how spaghetti-like it really was. I would LOVE it if anyone has any good spaghetti squash recipes to share. I need them!! We made this for dinner a few nights ago and it was really good. If you've never had squash this is a good one to try first- don't fear it!

Garlic Spaghetti Squash

1 Spaghetti squash
1/2 c. Water
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
dash of red pepper flakes
1/4 c. water
1/4 tsp. basil
1/2 Tbsp butter
salt & pepper to taste

Slice squash in half lengthwise. Place in a pan with water. Cover with foil & roast @ 375 degrees for about 1 hour. Remove from oven & shred squash with a fork. Place in bowl. In a small saucepan, boil together remaining ingredients. Pour over cooked & shredded squash. Mix & season to taste.

Comments