Image Map

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Garlic Spaghetti Squash

Print Friendly and PDF

We grew spaghetti squash in our garden this year. It was kind of an experiment since I've never even eaten it before. But I like other kinds of squash, so I figured I would like it just fine. Turns out I love it. Good thing cause I have about 10 more to eat... I was surprised by how spaghetti-like it really was. I would LOVE it if anyone has any good spaghetti squash recipes to share. I need them!! We made this for dinner a few nights ago and it was really good. If you've never had squash this is a good one to try first- don't fear it!

Garlic Spaghetti Squash

1 Spaghetti squash
1/2 c. Water
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
dash of red pepper flakes
1/4 c. water
1/4 tsp. basil
1/2 Tbsp butter
salt & pepper to taste

Slice squash in half lengthwise. Place in a pan with water. Cover with foil & roast @ 375 degrees for about 1 hour. Remove from oven & shred squash with a fork. Place in bowl. In a small saucepan, boil together remaining ingredients. Pour over cooked & shredded squash. Mix & season to taste.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map