Image Map

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Easy Feta Chicken Bake

Print Friendly and PDF
This is my current favorite chicken recipe. We love it. My sister's kids were over for dinner last night when I made it & her little boy who is 3 was chowing down on it. He kept telling me how good dinner was. My sister obviously heard about it, too cause she asked me today what I made for dinner. It's a keeper. Plus, it's SIMPLE to make. The recipe came from Kraft. (But, I modified it slightly adding basil instead of parsley)

4-6 Chicken breasts
Juice of 1 lemon (abt 3 Tbsp)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c. finely chopped red peppers
1/4 c. finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put chicken in baking dish. Drizzle with half of lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper, top with feta & peppers. Drizzle on remaining lemon juice.

Bake @ 350 for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. After cooked top with fresh basil & tomatoes.

I served it over wild rice that I cook with chicken broth (or boullion cubes)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map