Easy Feta Chicken Bake


This is my current favorite chicken recipe. We love it. My sister's kids were over for dinner last night when I made it & her little boy who is 3 was chowing down on it. He kept telling me how good dinner was. My sister obviously heard about it, too cause she asked me today what I made for dinner. It's a keeper. Plus, it's SIMPLE to make. The recipe came from Kraft. (But, I modified it slightly adding basil instead of parsley)

4-6 Chicken breasts
Juice of 1 lemon (abt 3 Tbsp)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c. finely chopped red peppers
1/4 c. finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put chicken in baking dish. Drizzle with half of lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper, top with feta & peppers. Drizzle on remaining lemon juice.

Bake @ 350 for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. After cooked top with fresh basil & tomatoes.

I served it over wild rice that I cook with chicken broth (or boullion cubes)

Comments