Peppermint Bark



This is such a great treat around the holidays. Last year we made tons of it & gave it away as our neighbor gifts. I just made a batch tonight. Every time I make it, I wonder why I don't make it more often. It is super easy.


1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 bag white chocolate chips
4 candy canes (or starlight mints)


Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave. Do it in 30 second increments so you don't over-cook it. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread the melted chocolate in the pan. Let harden -I always just stick in outside for a few minutes, or if it's not winter-time put it in the fridge until hardened. While cooling, crunch up the mints in the food processor until in small pieces. Melt the white chocolate the same way as the milk chocolate & spread over the top of the cooled milk chocolate. While still melty, sprinkle chopped mints over the top. You may want to press them in a little so they don't fall off too easily. Let cool again. Break apart into small chunks. I take a knife and stick it in & it breaks apart.



Merry Christmas!

Comments