Poppyseed Spinach Salad


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this salad. It's delicious. We were at a church pot-luck about a year ago & I had this salad there. Then, I discovered who made it & got the recipe. I've made it so many times since then.


8 oz. cottage cheese (pour into a strainer & rince it until it is just the curds)
1/2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 lb grated swiss cheese
2-3 bunches of spinch
1 head of lettuce


Dressing:

1 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
3/4 c. vinegar (white or rice wine)
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp dried onion (or onion powder)

I have also added some toasted almonds & dried cranberries. I don't always have swiss or bacon on hand so I leave those out most of the time. It makes lots of dressing- we usually keep it in the fridge & use it several times.

Comments