My Modified Lasagna


So, I wanted to make Lasagna one day & it turned out I was out of Lasagna noodles. I didn't want to go to the store, but when I decide I want to eat something- there's kinda no changing my mind. So, I modified it & made it with a Pene. I now like it better than regular lasagna & make it all the time. It's pretty similar to a baked ziti. Here's what I did:


1 lb ground beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
salt & pepper
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil

1 block cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce ( I like it saucy, so sometimes I use a little more than 1 jar)
Cooked Pene noodles
Grated cheddar cheese

Brown the meat with the onions & garlic, drain off the fat. Season it with salt & pepper & add in the basil. Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream & parmesan cheese. In a large casserole pan put a thin layer of sauce, add all of the noodles on top. Pour on the meat & some more sauce. Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture all around. Top with more sauce & grated cheddar cheese.

Bake @ 375 for about a half hour- until bubbly.

Comments