Peanut Buttery Goodness


I made this a few weeks ago with my husband's family. We pretty much downed it in one sitting. It's really good. It reminds me of the O'Henry Bars recipe- that I just realized I have never posted. (I can't believe it...they are a favorite. I'll add that one, too.) Also, my sister-in-law said that she makes it with corn flakes instead of popcorn & likes it better. Anways... here's the recipe.

Peanut Butter Popcorn

1/2 c. popcorn (unpopped)
or 2 bags of microwave popcorn
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Pop popcorn. Bring sugar & syrup to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until blended. Add vanilla. Pour over popped corn & mix well. Eat while warm.




O' Henry Bars (sometimes called Scotcharoos)

1 c. corn syrup
1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
5-6 c. rice krispies cereal
1/2 bag butterscotch chips
1/2 bag chocolate chips

Boil sugar & syrup, remove from heat & add peanut butter. Add cereal & mix well. Spread into a 9x13 pan. Melt chocolate & butterscotch together & spread over the top.



Comments