Wedding Butter Mints




We are making these by the millions in a pretty peach shade for my sister's wedding next Saturday. They are so good we can hardly keep our hands off them.


1 lb powdered sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/3 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together. Add 4 drops of your choice of food coloring. Knead with more powdered sugar if needed. (Knead if needed- ha-ha that just made me smile). Divide into balls- about 3" & roll out into ropes/snakes on a surface dusted with powdered sugar. Cut every 1/4" into small pieces & place on a tray with powdered sugar. Try to keep them from touching until they are slightly dried to prevent sticking. Let them air dry for 8-24 hours. They are much softer than the store bought mints, but I think much tastier. Super easy to make, too...

Comments

Cathy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said…
Ok..let me try this again. My brain is going faster than I can type. You have the greatest ideas! I'm trying this one. And congratulations on making the choir!!
gigi said…
Yall are so smart to be making these yourselves! That is just cool.