Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets


Makes 8 oatmeal packets

3 c. quick cooking oatmeal
salt

Put 1 c. of oatmeal in the blender or food processor & blend to a powder. (You might want to do it 1/2 c. at a time) Using 8 ziploc baggies, put 1/4 c. oats, 2 Tbsp powdered (blended) oats and 1/8 tsp salt in each.

You can vary the flavors by adding 1/4 tsp cinnamon, or 1 Tbsp brown sugar to each. You could add raisins, or make the fruit & cream kind with 2 Tbsp dried fruit & 1 Tbsp powdered creamer or milk.


I have been trying to find something like this for a little while cause my kids love oatmeal for breakfast. I love the quick oat packets because it's so simple. I'm sure this would be a much more cost effective way to have the packets on hand all the time.

Comments

Kristi said…
Hey, this blog is great! I'm menu planning for my week and I just got a bunch of great ideas from you to try soon. Thanks for sharing all of these tasty recipes.