Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Bread sticks


About a year ago, I went to this bread making class. It was really great & I have been making pizza & breadsticks & things with their bread recipe ever since. The recipe makes 4 leaves of bread, so I usually do a half recipe. The other night we had a few extras over for dinner so I made the full recipe. I made 2 pizzas & with the other half of it I made this yummy cinnamon bread. You'll have to bear with me on proportions, since I didn't measure anything when I made it.

Caution: this is not healthy, at all, except for the fact that I used whole wheat flour instead of white...

Use 1/2 recipe of bread dough recipe from here.
Cinnamon- few tablespoons
Sugar- about 1/2 c.
1/2 stick melted butter

Mix together cinnamon & sugar (I actually keep a little container of cinn/sugar already mixed, so I am not so sure on these proportions, either) and knead some of it into the bread dough. Then put the dough onto a greased cookie sheet. I don't even roll it, just press it flat onto the pan. Take a pizza cutter & slice into sticks. I sliced right through the middle, too. Pour melted butter over the bread sticks. Then, very liberally sprinkle more cinnamon & sugar over the top.

Bake for about 15 minutes @ 375 degrees. While warm, pour the glaze over the top.


Glaze:
1/4 c. butter
1-2 (ish) cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp c. milk

This is where I am kinda guessing on proportions. I used soft butter poured in some milk & some powdered sugar & kept adding a little more powdered sugar until it was to a glaze consistency. If it's too thick, add a little more milk.

Comments