Roasted Butternut Squash Soup



I have been wanting to make this for a while. I got a huge butternut squash this week & decided to try it out. As usual I made up a recipe to suit my tastes. I searched & found a few different ones & did a combination to make it how I'd like it. It turned out so good that we were all licking our bowls clean.


1 large butternut squash, roasted
9 c. water
6 boullion cubes (I used half vegetables & half chicken)
2 diced onions
2 apples, peeled, cored, & sliced
1 tsp dried sage
4 Tbsp butter1 Tbsp olive oil
4-5 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp pepper



Slice the butternut squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds & place it cut side down on a cookie sheet. Roast it @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Chop it up, removing the skin.

Saute the onions & garlic in the olive oil, until they are soft. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil & simmer until the apples & squash are soft- about 20 minutes. Puree in a blender until smooth. I actually like some chunks in my soup, so I left some of it out while I blended it.

Season to taste. It's good also, if you want to add a dollop of sour cream on top.

Comments