I'm in Salsa Verde Heaven




I went to a yummy little mexican restaurant the other day & they had this awesome salsa verde. I was hooked. I decided I had to make some of my own so I could drink it by the gallon. (I am only slightly kidding). So here is my recipe for the amazing stuff.

I used to dip chips into, but also, last night I cooked some chicken & then poured the sauce over the chicken. Then served it in burritos, with fresh cooked tortillas, rice, cheese, sour cream, beans, & tomatoes. With a little extra salsa verde on top for good measure. It was so good.


Salsa Verde
1 pound tomatillos, husked ( I used 10 of them)
1 diced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 jalepeno pepper, minced
1/4 bunch cilantro leaves
1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
juice from 1 lime
1 - 3/4 c. water


Place all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to med-low, cover & simmer for 10-15 minutes until the tomatillos are soft, they will puff up a little. Pour into a blender & blend until smooth.



Even my pickiest child L-O-V-E-D it! And that is amazing in an of itself.

Comments