Butternut Squash Risotto

I know- big miracle, I am posting something on my blog. Ok, I'll be completely honest- with a new baby- I haven't cooked in weeks... (thank-you, Mom!)

However this tasty recipe I did make before he was born. It is delicious! I am a huge fan of butternut squash. Hope you'll enjoy it, too!





2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 onion, diced
1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled & cut into 1/4" pieces
2 cloves garlic
salt & pepper
3/4 c. rice
4 1/2 c. chicken or vegetable broth
2 tsp fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried
1/4 c. grated romano or parmesean cheese



Heat oil in a large skillet, add onion & cook until tender. Add the squash, garlic, salt & pepper. Stir & cook, covered until squash begins to soften. Stir in the rice & cook 1 minute. Add 1 c. broth & simmer until absorbed- 8-10 minutes. Add half of remaining broth & simmer until absorbed. Add remaining broth & simmer, stirring once until rice is tender & creamy & broth is absorbed. Stir in thyme & cheese.

Comments