Image Map

Monday, March 28, 2011

I am a hoarder

Print Friendly and PDF ...of recipes. I can't get enough of them. I collect them & hang on to them in piles that grow out of control. I clip them from magazines, I print them from various websites, I am always searching for new ones. Yet, I haven't even tried a third of the ones I have. Why do I do this? Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? Oh, and did I mention that my favorite channel is the Food Network? Yeah, I am a little obsessed. Yesterday, I got out the big folder holding my pile & I sorted, clipped & organized (while watching Chopped Champions of course). I got rid of a bunch that are just not realistic & I will most likely NEVER make. I whittled the pile down significantly. But, I still have work to do- in the kitchen now.

So, I am challenging myself over the next few months. Now that I am over the pregnancy/newborn baby phase, I actually feel like being in the kitchen again. I am challenging myself to try at least one new recipe a week & clean out my piles of hoarded recipes. It's time. If I don't start soon, I will never get through the pile! I am going to document it here for you. I will let you know how things go with my recipes that I try. I'll let you know whether the recipe needs to be trashed, modified, or if it's absolutely amazing. You'll hear about those amazing ones for sure.


Who wants to join me?


4 comments:

Love Lorri said...

sounds like a great idea! I do the same thing...recipes and cookbooks! Maybe your blog will help me get started!

Yo said...

I have the same problem!! I would love to join you - first I need to go through my pile and clean it out. I will let you know how I go:)

Kristi said...

I can totally relate! My recipes binder is like 2 inches thick and still has loose papers coming out every which way. I am a recipe addict. Food Network is also my favorite channel!

Jennifer said...

I can really relate. I love looking at recipes and cookbooks and love taking part in all sorts of recipe swaps on blogs each week. I always find lots of stuff I want to try but then so many times I don't follow through. I set a goal at the beginning of the year to try at least one new recipe a week. I did well for a while but have recently slacked off a little. I need to get back to it so I accept your challenge :)
Can't wait to see what we both come up with...
Jennifer
Home Matters

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map