Did you hear?

There are new Food Guidelines.  They no longer are using the Food Guide Pyramid as the recommended daily guidelines.  Now it is called: Choose My Plate

Here are the new guidelines:

Balancing Calories

● Enjoy your food, but eat less.
● Avoid oversized portions.

Foods to Increase
● Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
● Make at least half your grains whole grains.
● Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.

Foods to Reduce
● Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals - and choose the foods with lower numbers.
● Drink water instead of sugary drinks.

Makes sense, I think.  I like the simplicity of it.  For those visual learners...



Comments

Andrea said…
Hey, just stopped by from MMB. I think the new guidelines are definitely a step in the right direction!
Hi, I found you through the Surfin’ Saturdays Blog Hop and am your newest follower. I knew there were new guidlines, but didn't know there was a site dedicated to them! Looks like I have a topic for my next post! If you get a chance I’d love to have you “hop over” and check out my “Cupboard”…..hope to see you soon!
~KerrieLynn Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Blog: KLs Cupboard
Facebook: KLs Cupboard
Twitter: KLs Cupboard