Image Map

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Did you hear?

Print Friendly and PDF
There are new Food Guidelines.  They no longer are using the Food Guide Pyramid as the recommended daily guidelines.  Now it is called: Choose My Plate

Here are the new guidelines:

Balancing Calories

● Enjoy your food, but eat less.
● Avoid oversized portions.

Foods to Increase
● Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
● Make at least half your grains whole grains.
● Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.

Foods to Reduce
● Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals - and choose the foods with lower numbers.
● Drink water instead of sugary drinks.

Makes sense, I think.  I like the simplicity of it.  For those visual learners...



2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, just stopped by from MMB. I think the new guidelines are definitely a step in the right direction!

KerrieLynn said...

Hi, I found you through the Surfin’ Saturdays Blog Hop and am your newest follower. I knew there were new guidlines, but didn't know there was a site dedicated to them! Looks like I have a topic for my next post! If you get a chance I’d love to have you “hop over” and check out my “Cupboard”…..hope to see you soon!
~KerrieLynn Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Blog: KLs Cupboard
Facebook: KLs Cupboard
Twitter: KLs Cupboard

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map