Image Map

Monday, July 11, 2011

Butternut Mashers

Print Friendly and PDF

I made this a while back, but kept on forgetting to post it.  I LOVE butternut squash.  So I am always looking for more ways to prepare it.  This was a yummy & simple recipe to change it up a little- it's a mix of mutternut squash, apples, ans potatoes.  Yum! 

1 small butternut squash, peeld & cubed
1 large potato, peeled & cut into pieces
1 granny smith apple, peeled & cut into pieces
1/3 c. greek yogurt

Combine in a saucepan and cover with water.  Bring to a boil.  Cook until fork tender.  Drain and puree in a food processor.  Add yogurt and season with salt and pepper. 

Top with butter & fresh herbs- thyme or sage go really well with butternut squash. 


Butternut squash is great for you.  It really high in Vitamins A (Beta Carotene) & C.  It also has a good amount of B vitamins, Folate, & Potassium, Omega 3 fatty acids, Manganese, Iron,  Niacin, Complex Carbohydrates and Fiber.  The darker the skin of the squash, the higher the beta carotene content. 



1 comments:

The How To Mommy said...

I'll have to try this one! I'm your newest follower from Top Mommy Blogs. I wanted to invite you to link up this {or any} recipe at my Tasty Thursday Recipe Swap Blog Hop. Have a great day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map