Mini Microwave Cakes

I have a little confession to make.  Sometimes I make myself a little single-serving of chocolate cake.  In the microwave.  Is that crazy?  A little, but it's easy & yummy.  When I have a craving for something sweet, this is a great way to have it quick & not spend lots of time in the kitchen.  Also, it's nice sometimes to not have a whole cake or batch of cookies lying around... (because I will eat them all, eventually)

So, I found this little recipe book that has tons of single-serve microwave cake recipes.  I will be honest & tell you I have only ever made the molten chocolate cake.  That's enough- it's usually chocolate I am wanting.  But, I am sure the other recipes are good, too.  Maybe I will let you know someday.



Some of the Recipes included are:

-Molten Chocolate Cake
-Peaches 'n' Cream Cake
-Oreo Cookie Cake
-Rocky Road Cake
-Cherry Chip Cake
-Candy Cane Cake
-Caramel Turtle Cake
-Carrot Cake



Here's the recipe to make the mini molten microwave cake:

1/2 c. chocolate cake mix
1/3 c. water. 

Mix well in a cereal size bowl- microwave safe.  Drop 5 teaspoons of hot fudge onto the batter.  Microwave for 95 seconds.

Top with ice cream or whipped cream.  Yum.

Simple, hu?  It's just right for those nights... yeah like tonight.



Comments

Sallie said…
Karyn, I love this idea. With just my husband and I at home, this is perfect.
Thanks for visiting Texas Cottage!
Kelley Flint said…
Yup, done this recipe before and I'm a fan for a quick fix. Yummy.
pinkelephant said…
Yum! I had no idea you could do this. Sounds very easy and yummy... you are tempting me to make one right now! Hmmm...
I love these quick desserts and I do love chocolate. I made one yesterday with peanut butter and chocolate. Yum also.

If you have a moment, I am putting up the Bake with Bizzy linky up, this evening and I would love to have this recipe included.