Image Map

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mini Microwave Cakes

Print Friendly and PDF I have a little confession to make.  Sometimes I make myself a little single-serving of chocolate cake.  In the microwave.  Is that crazy?  A little, but it's easy & yummy.  When I have a craving for something sweet, this is a great way to have it quick & not spend lots of time in the kitchen.  Also, it's nice sometimes to not have a whole cake or batch of cookies lying around... (because I will eat them all, eventually)

So, I found this little recipe book that has tons of single-serve microwave cake recipes.  I will be honest & tell you I have only ever made the molten chocolate cake.  That's enough- it's usually chocolate I am wanting.  But, I am sure the other recipes are good, too.  Maybe I will let you know someday.



Some of the Recipes included are:

-Molten Chocolate Cake
-Peaches 'n' Cream Cake
-Oreo Cookie Cake
-Rocky Road Cake
-Cherry Chip Cake
-Candy Cane Cake
-Caramel Turtle Cake
-Carrot Cake



Here's the recipe to make the mini molten microwave cake:

1/2 c. chocolate cake mix
1/3 c. water. 

Mix well in a cereal size bowl- microwave safe.  Drop 5 teaspoons of hot fudge onto the batter.  Microwave for 95 seconds.

Top with ice cream or whipped cream.  Yum.

Simple, hu?  It's just right for those nights... yeah like tonight.



4 comments:

Sallie said...

Karyn, I love this idea. With just my husband and I at home, this is perfect.
Thanks for visiting Texas Cottage!

Kelley Flint said...

Yup, done this recipe before and I'm a fan for a quick fix. Yummy.

pinkelephant said...

Yum! I had no idea you could do this. Sounds very easy and yummy... you are tempting me to make one right now! Hmmm...

Bizzy B. Bakes said...

I love these quick desserts and I do love chocolate. I made one yesterday with peanut butter and chocolate. Yum also.

If you have a moment, I am putting up the Bake with Bizzy linky up, this evening and I would love to have this recipe included.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map