Image Map

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

Print Friendly and PDF It's funny- I have heard of this recipe before, but never actually made it.  It is really just your basic spaghetti & meat sauce recipe, with a little twist. 

Funny story first... Since we moved last week, I haven't cooked a ton.  I had a very nice friend bring over 2 freezer meals- which were GREATLY appreciated.  I ate at my parents one night, & had take out a few nights.  When my husband got home last night & served himself his dinner he asked me "Did you make this?"  I said yes.  Then he said- "In the Microwave?"  In the microwave?  I guess I have been a little neglectful in the kitchen, but IN THE MICROWAVE?  I thought it was a little funny.  I asked if he liked it & he said YES!  It's Really good!  Then he proceeded to get seconds.  And thirds.  (In the microwave?)

This recipe reminded me a lot of baked ziti. It was great!  Amazing that baking something with cheese on top can make it into a whole new meal. (Yes, I love cheese.) But it really made it much more interesting than plain old spaghetti! 

Here's what you do:

I just cooked some spaghetti- whole grain for me, please.  Then mixed in some yummy homemade sauce.  I cooked a pound of ground beef with 3 cloves of minced garlic.  You can never have too much of the stuff (garlic, that is).  Added some more basil,  & a little salt & pepper.  I mixed in a LOT of Parmesan cheese- cause that's the way I like it.  Maybe 1/3 a container- I'm serious. Then topped it with some yummy grated cheese- I used cheddar, but any would be good really.  Then put it in the oven to bake @ 375 for about half an hour.   

A really simple dinner- but quite delicious!

3 comments:

kidsmom said...

Thanks Karyn for all your yummy recipes. This one looks so delish. I love spaghetti and this looks like a yummy casserole.

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Becky said...

I'm going to make this tonight!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map