Baked Spaghetti

It's funny- I have heard of this recipe before, but never actually made it.  It is really just your basic spaghetti & meat sauce recipe, with a little twist. 

Funny story first... Since we moved last week, I haven't cooked a ton.  I had a very nice friend bring over 2 freezer meals- which were GREATLY appreciated.  I ate at my parents one night, & had take out a few nights.  When my husband got home last night & served himself his dinner he asked me "Did you make this?"  I said yes.  Then he said- "In the Microwave?"  In the microwave?  I guess I have been a little neglectful in the kitchen, but IN THE MICROWAVE?  I thought it was a little funny.  I asked if he liked it & he said YES!  It's Really good!  Then he proceeded to get seconds.  And thirds.  (In the microwave?)

This recipe reminded me a lot of baked ziti. It was great!  Amazing that baking something with cheese on top can make it into a whole new meal. (Yes, I love cheese.) But it really made it much more interesting than plain old spaghetti! 

Here's what you do:

I just cooked some spaghetti- whole grain for me, please.  Then mixed in some yummy homemade sauce.  I cooked a pound of ground beef with 3 cloves of minced garlic.  You can never have too much of the stuff (garlic, that is).  Added some more basil,  & a little salt & pepper.  I mixed in a LOT of Parmesan cheese- cause that's the way I like it.  Maybe 1/3 a container- I'm serious. Then topped it with some yummy grated cheese- I used cheddar, but any would be good really.  Then put it in the oven to bake @ 375 for about half an hour.   

A really simple dinner- but quite delicious!

Comments

kidsmom said…
Thanks Karyn for all your yummy recipes. This one looks so delish. I love spaghetti and this looks like a yummy casserole.
Becky said…
I'm going to make this tonight!