Image Map

Monday, August 13, 2012

Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup

Print Friendly and PDF
 
This is my husband's new favorite meal.  It's what he requests now when I ask him what he wants for dinner.  A few months ago I was out of town for 10 days.  He was left to fend for himself for meals.  He does not cook, AT ALL.  Some friends of ours heard that I was gone, and very sweetly, brought him some soup and bread one night.  Well, my husband just couldn't stop talking about this amazing soup that she made.  I did a little search and found a recipe almost like the one she made... He told me it might even be better.  Well, now I share with you the great Italian Sausage & Tortellini Soup.  It makes my hubby so very happy~ and that makes me happy! 
 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
1 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups beef stock
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 teaspoon dried or or 1 Tbsp fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon dried or 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 zucchini, chopped
8 ounces cheese tortellini
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for topping


Directions:

In a large pot, cook together the sausage, onions, peppers and garlic until the sausage is browned.  Add in everything else- except the tortellini- save that for the very end.   Bring it to a boil and simmer until all of the vegetables are cooked through- about an hour- add in the tortellini about 10 minutes before serving.  Top with grated Parmesan cheese. 

We like it served with this yummy Rosemary Peasant Bread, another one of his favorites!





2 comments:

Mal said...

This looks delicious!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Zachary and Sarah @ HHG said...

No lie, one look at this picture and my stomach growled. Haha It looks and sounds so good!! New follower here. Yay for being blog friends!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map