Lemon Balsamic Broccoli Salad

You know that broccoli salad that everyone used to make with mayonnaise, and bacon and lots of sugar?  It's so good... remember that one?  Well, I was craving a broccoli salad, but couldn't really stand the thought of putting all of that stuff on my broccoli.  So, I created a new fresh & delicious one.  It is SO good and very healthy.  I took it to a potluck the other night & had 2 people ask for the recipe.  So, here it is- in all it's glory!

healthy broccoli salad


Salad:
1 Large Bunch of Broccoli, chopped into small pieces
3 Green Onions, diced
3 carrots, diced
1/4 c. Roasted/salted sunflower seeds

Dressing:
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 Lemon- juice & zest
Salt & pepper
Garlic powder- few dashes


Toss all together & refrigerate until read to serve. Add the sunflower seeds just before serving.


The Balsamic Dressing that I use is also homemade, but it is SUPER simple:

Get one of those Good Seasons Italian Dressing packets that comes with the dressing container.  I make it with those Italian dressing packets, olive oil, & Balsamic Vinegar.  I just fill to the fill line on the bottle.   



Comments

Unknown said…
YUMMY! I would love this salad. I might have to make it soon. Thanks for the delicious looking recipe. I love the new twist on the old broccoli salad standby!
Cari said…
That looks yummy, can't wait to try it!