Image Map

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Quick Vanilla- Almond Granola

Print Friendly and PDF
Vanilla Almond Granola

Finally. 
I have been trying to find a good granola recipe for years. I had all but given up, but decided to try one more time. This one is THE WINNER! I am in love. 

I have had to make it a few times because my family keeps eating all of it. Good thing it's easy to make.

Ingredients:

4 cups of oats
1 cup of sliced almonds
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. of salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c. ground flax seed
1/3 c. vegetable or coconut oil
1/4 c. honey
2 Tbsp vanilla extract


Directions:

Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with oil. I use coconut oil in my recipe & it tastes SO good! Plus, it's much better for you. In a large bowl, mix oats, flax, almonds, salt ans cinnamon. In a small pot combine the oil, sugar and honey. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add in vanilla. Mix into the oat mixture. Pour onto the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Do not stir during cooking if you want it to be in big chunks. Remove from oven and cool about 5 minutes- then stir it. Cool completely and cool in an air-tight container. 






This granola is wonderful with yogurt and fruit, or just with milk... however you like it. 




1 comments:

Angel Rodriguez said...

Hi, I found you through UBP13. I'm kind of a newb to blogging, but I'm loving it so far. I'm an educator, former foster parent (for kids with emotional, physical, and mental disabilities) and adoptive dad of two kiddos with special needs. It's been great reaching out, talking to, and hopefully helping other families! My whole blog is all about learning to learn and helping families succeed using brain-based practices. Come check it out. I think you will like it! www.wiselearners.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map