Red, White and Blueberry Trifle

Here is a great summer, 4th of July dessert to share.  It is oh, so delicious!!  Why do I love dessert so very much??


1 pound cake, cubed into 1" pieces
1 1/2 c. melted strawberry jam or syrup
6 c. fresh or frozen strawberries, raspberries & blueberries
2 pints fresh whipped cream (mixed with 1/2 c. sugar & 1 tsp. vanilla)
1/2 c. sugar, divided

Mix berries with sugar.  If you want to make it red, white & blue, keep red & blue berries separate.  I mixed strawberries and raspberries together. I did fresh and frozen berries mixed, just because it was what I had on hand.  You can put the berries in frozen, don't worry about thawing them- but fresh tastes best...    In a large trifle dish, or glass bowl, layer pound cake, drizzle part of jam, a layer of each fruit and whipped cream, repeat layers.  Save some fruit to decorate the top.  Chill at least 1 hour before serving. 



Comments

Kristy said…
Yum! Makes such a pretty presentation. I really must get a triffle bowl so I can make one of these. I love, love all the red/white/blue desserts :)
Unknown said…
This looks so yummy!! I'm gonna try this recipe!

I'm a new follower from Bloggy Moms. Have a wonderful weekend!

Aloha

http://lfukumoto.blogspot.com/