Blueberry Zucchini Bread

It's zucchini season again around here. I have been cooking up all kinds of yummy zucchini recipes again. I was excited when I found this recipe in Parent's Magazine. It was just what I needed to clear my kitchen counter of that giant zucchini that had been hanging around. It was delicious & a nice change from the regular recipe.

1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 c. blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch bread pan, or 4 mini 5 inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl mix wet ingredients.  Slowly add in dry ingredients.  Mix well.  Gently stir in zucchini and then blueberries.  Spoon into pans.  Bake about 1 hour for regular size or 40 minutes for small ones- until lightly golden & a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Allow it to cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan.


Need some more zucchini ideas?  Here are a few more things I have cooked up in the past:
Zucchini Roma

Comments